Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Twig Project


My original idea for my twig project was very defined. At first my original model reminded me of an angel but later seemed to resemble a candelabra or a menorah. At the point my bonding agent was tape but I had hopes of using copper wire in some way.

I had difficulty allowing my model to progress because it had been so defined but I realized that I should allow the wits to run along the seams of the paper. I could then tie them in with copper wire.

I found gold floral wire as my bonding agent and large brown paper to make the base. I twisted pieces of wire together to give it thinker and textured so it would be more easily seen and pronounced. I made the mistake of adding gold spray paint which over complicated the project and took away from the gold of my bonding agent.

Over all I believe that my project looked nice but did not grasp the concept of the assignment.

No comments: