Friday, March 19, 2010

Design Thinking

The main ideas of design thinking that stand out to me most are the thoughts of design is big and should focus on small single objects for aesthetics. Design should also not just involve the designer. The people that would be using a space or the related demographic should be incorporated into design decisions and to find the needs that must be met.

For Unity Village:
The aspect of the first floor that I feel needs a large amount of attention id the daycare. The questions that I must answers are those of not only just aesthetics and safety but also taking into consideration what is going on in this area and how it will be used in multiple ways. While I have worked with children on many occasions I know somewhat of what children of daycare age like do to and what is most enjoyable to do. I can use this knowledge to create an area that will cater to the needs of these children and their caretakers.

No comments: